OUaT, The Official Podast - 2x21 “SSTTR” recap
Estelle : Neal’s confession to Emma on the beach was really touching, it was one of my favourite moments, that whole scene
Eddy : what we loved about the relationship is Emma was deeply scarred by it, we saw that at the beginning of the year when she left Hook up there. She wasn’t going to trust another person. Henry may have been the first to kinda break through that wall, her parents try but she’s not going to make herself that vulnerable again. And the more she tells Neal ‘It was ten years ago, I’ve moved on’, we know she hasn’t, we know it’s hard for her to see him living Tallahassee, with someone else. Neal has always regretted that day as he actually says out loud. And so for us it’s how do two people who love each other come together when there’s so much hurt. And I think that in a lot of ways is what the season has been about. Cause you see Henry trying to redeem his mom, his mom’s trying to redeem herself but she continually looks at people she’s hurt and knows they won’t forgive her so she slips, she goes back and I think it’s kind of been one of the bigger themes in this season. How do you change yourself and overcome all the hurt that you’ve caused.
Source : Edward Kitsis - Once Upon a Time, The Official Podast - Episode 2x21 “Second Star to the Star” recap
I’m not posting this for people to freak out, okay? Because it’s a really fun podcast to analyse.
Let’s just take a look at the bolded parts :
Emma was deeply scarred by it [her past relationship with Neal], we saw that at the beginning of the year when she left Hook up there.
Well, it speaks for itself. We already knew something happened with Emma when she met Hook. That’s just a confirmation. She couldn’t bring herself to trust someone again. But she was willing to trust him (it would have been a first in centuries for Killian hmmm)
Henry may have been the first to kinda break through that wall, her parents try but she’s not going to make herself that vulnerable again.
Even her parents did not break through her walls. HER BLOODY PARENTS. So please, let’s just not become all cray cray because she’s not all over Hook yet. Patience my friend. The girl was deeply hurt. They need time. Both of them.
And so for us it’s how do two people who love each other come together when there’s so much hurt. And I think that in a lot of ways is what the season has been about.
It first applies to Neal and Emma in the podcast but as it seems to be one of the main themes of the season, it can apply to any relationship on the show. *cough* Captain Swan *cough*. It fits. They may not love (in the most basic meaning of the word) each other yet but we all know that’s gonna happen someday.
I think it’s kind of been one of the bigger themes in this season.How do you change yourself and overcome all the hurt that you’ve caused.
- justwriterbritt likes this
- auroraswan likes this
- fangirl1174 likes this
- xxredasrosesxx likes this
- cheshireillusionist likes this
- melyssalima likes this
- mikescp likes this
- yes-havesome-deactivated20140730 likes this
- carmi-believes-in-love likes this
- captaincharminghood likes this
- captaincharminghood reblogged this from stilesism
- ilovelucie reblogged this from stilesism
- ilovelucie likes this
- stilesism reblogged this from babeisontherun
- killianthehero likes this
- thosefinelines reblogged this from babeisontherun
- thetreasures likes this
- thetardisfreak likes this
- peaceheather likes this
- kreeshareyes likes this
- swanstan likes this
- sashabaetato reblogged this from babeisontherun
- sashabaetato likes this
- the-skyeisthelimit likes this
- im-stuck-in-this-labyrinth likes this
- musingsfrommymessymind likes this
- rena2907 likes this
- hookquitefanciesemma likes this
- sheriffswan likes this
- themomentyoudie likes this
- sparkle-in-the-shadow likes this
- millyhidesswans likes this
- trinsghost likes this
- they-chose-each-other likes this
- lost-neverlander reblogged this from babeisontherun
- lost-neverlander said: Thank you :)
- lost-neverlander likes this
- snowanchester said: Thank you for this Lena !
- snowanchester likes this
- niniadepapa likes this
- babeisontherun posted this